Psychodynamic Supervision Washington DC
I provide psychodynamic and psychoanalytic supervision and consultation in Washington, DC, (actually, steps away from the DC border in Chevy Chase, Maryland.) I’m a Board Certified, Psychoanalyst and a Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst. You can learn more my credentials here.
Clinical supervision and consultation with me. In particular, I am interested in:
- working with licensed psychotherapists in all phases of their professional odyssey.
- supervising psychoanalytic candidates on their analytic patients.
- supervising psychoanalytic studies program students.
- consulting to graduate analysts seeking confidential, consultation with an psychoanalyst who is outside of their geographic locale.
- consulting to experienced psychotherapists who seek greater proficiency in case conceptualization and psychoanalytic technique.
- supervising licensed, beginners interested in deepening their psychodynamic skills and launching their practices.
Some areas of supervisory expertise:
In addition to supervising psychoanalytic candidates, graduate analysts and psychodynamic psychotherapists, I enjoy working with clinicians, coaches and educators in order to help them to integrate psychodynamic thinking into their work. For example, I work with:
- psychopharmacologically-oriented, psychiatrists to help them use a psychoanalytic lens to inform their medication based practices.
- cognitive behavioral therapists who wish integrate a psychodynamic/psychoanalytic understanding in to their clinical work.
- family therapists who seek to incorporate psychodynamic perspectives into their family work.
- career counselors and executive coaches who want to understand why their clients sometimes engage in self-sabotage.
- K-12 independent school leaders who want to deepen their understanding of the impact of psychoanalytic and systemic dynamics on organizational behavior. Also, I enjoy working with board chair and independent school heads to strengthen their relationships.
- university administrators and faculty interested the sorts of psychodynamics at play in their administrative and educational roles and/or learning more about graduate student mental health.
Psychodynamic supervision and consultation in Washington DC with me
In sum, I welcome Psychoanalytic Candidates, Graduate Psychoanalysts, Psychoanalytic Studies Program (PSP) Students and Mental Health Professionals in the community, organizational leaders, for supervision or consultation. Similarly, I enjoy providing consultation, nationally. If you’d like to explore the possibility of working with me, feel free to call me: 301.656.9650.