I am a board certified, Washington DC Psychoanalyst. Also, I am a Training and Supervising Analyst. Actually, my office is in Chevy Chase, MD, steps away from the Washington DC border. I love providing psychoanalysis, psychodynamic psychotherapy and clinical supervision. As a life-long learner, I continue to consult with colleagues, nationally, in an effort to continue to develop my craft.
Primarily, I am devoted to providing psychoanalysis, psychodynamic psychotherapy, clinical supervision, psychoanalytic teaching; and, I am on the faculty at Johns Hopkins University. Also, I work in an array of leadership roles within the Washington Baltimore Psychoanalytic Institute (WBPI) and beyond. I have a longstanding commitment to curriculum and pedagogy. I serve in numerous capacity related to this interest. These include:
- Institute Council (our Education Committee) (Member)
- Psychoanalytic Studies Program (PSP) Steering Committee
- Candidates Progress Committee (CPC)
- Faculty member, teaching Psychoanalytic Candidates in psychoanalytic training
- Faculty member, teaching Psychoanalytic Studies Program (PSP)
- Clinical case consultation panels for our candidates
- Supervising psychoanalytic candidates
- Supervising trainees within the psychoanalytic studies program (PSP)
- Past fellowship Chair
- Committee for the Recruitment of Psychoanalytic Candidates, Chair
In addition, in my private practice, in addition to providing psychoanalysis and psychodynamic therapy, I provide:
- consultation for graduate psychoanalyst
- consultation to licensed psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health professionals at all stages of their professional development
- consultation to psychopharmacological psychiatrists seeking to integrate psychodynamic concepts within their practices
- supervision (aka consultation) to CBT therapists to develop a more integrative approach
Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst, Washington, DC: Psychoanalytic Institute
If you are seeking psychoanalytic training, or even considering doing so, it’s important to seek out a Training and Supervising Analyst. I am a Training and Supervising Analyst. This means in addition to analyzing laypeople, I am qualified to analyze and supervise psychoanalytic candidates.
Also, I am devoted to serving the public. Learn more about my expertise and what happens when you call.
I should note that my practice is international, reflecting all races and creeds. I value this diversity and appreciate the role that culture can play in development.
Psychoanalytic Studies Program (PSP)
I am a clinical supervisor for the PSP.
Also, for many years, I’ve taught psychoanalytic candidates these courses:
- Introduction to conducting a psychoanalysis ~ Psychoanalytic Technique (3rd year candidates) This clinical technique course focuses on helping candidate analysts begin psychoanalyses.
- Continuous Case Conference (3rd year candidates)
- Psychoanalytic Writing: (2nd year candidates)
- Adulthood and Character Disturbance: Narcissistic and sadomasochistic difficulties (3rd year candidates)
In addition to teaching at the Washington Baltimore Psychoanalytic Institute, for decades, I’ve taught within university and medical settings at the post-graduate, graduate and undergraduate level. Learn more about my teaching at Johns Hopkins and (formerly, at Carnegie Mellon).
Work with me
In sum, if you would like to work with me in psychodynamic psychotherapy, psychoanalysis or supervision, feel free to call: 301.656.9650.