A list of psychoanalytic institutes, in the United States, accredited by the International Psychoanalytic Association
If you’ve come to this site, you may be considering seeing me for psychodynamic therapy, psychoanalysis or clinical supervision (technically, consultation for licensed psychotherapists). Or, you may be a clinician or a scholar who is thinking about entering psychoanalytic training here in Washington DC; and you are seeking out a Training and Supervising Analyst. In either case, I welcome your call: 301.656.9650.
If you decide to call, here’s what happens when you call for psychotherapy or psychoanalysis. Also, here’s an article about me: Johns Hopkins University faculty member teaches psychoanalysis and psychotherapy to graduate students.
I work in Chevy Chase, Maryland, just steps away from the Washington DC border and the Friendship Heights metro (red line). Of course, you may not be looking for me. Rather, you may have stumbled upon this site while seeking treatment or training in your locale.
Psychoanalytic Institutes in the United States Outside of the Washington DC metro area
For those living outside of the area, here’s a list of psychoanalytic institutes in the United States that provide both treatment and training.
- Berkshire Psychoanalytic Insitute
- Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, Inc
- Center for Psychoanalytic Studies (Houston)
- Cincinnati Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center
- Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research
- Contemporary Freudian Society
- Denver Institute for Psychoanalysis & The Denver Psychoanalytic Society
- Florida Psychoanalytic Institute, Society, and Foundation
- Greater Kansas City Psychoanalytic Society, Institute, and Foundation
- Institute for Psychoanalytic Education affiliated with NYU School of Medicine
- Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies
- Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute
- The Minnesota Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- New Center for Psychoanalysis, Los Angeles
- New Orleans-Birmingham Psychoanalytic Center
- New York Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- Northwestern Psychoanalytic Institute (Seattle)
- Oregon Psychoanalytic Center
- PINE Psychoanalytic Center
- Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Center
- New Center for Psychoanalysis ~ Los Angeles
- Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia
- Psychoanalytic Institute of the Carolinas
- Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern California
- St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute and Society
- San Diego Psychoanalytic Center (SDPC)
- San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
- Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- Western New England Institute for Psychoanalysis
- Wisconsin Psychoanalytic Institute, Society and Foundation
In conclusion, each of these places offer opportunities for psychoanalytic training and treatment. In addition, if I can be of help as a psychoanalyst, a psychodynamic therapist or a clinical supervisor, I welcome your call: 301.656.9650.